So why not try this new game to while away the time. It's quietly done and its quite fun. And the lecturer would think you're taking notes dutifully. This is nothing like any other game of its kind. Its sheer excitement! Here's how you play it.
First of all to play this game, you must have some basic knowledge of the all-time classic Tic-Tac-Toe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tic-tac-toe
Right! Now for the game I've invented (along with Prasanna Kumar) we've dubbed it Tic-Tac-Toe Extreme:
- Must be played 4X4 square (unlike the 3X3 of the usual TTT).
- The first player to get 3 in a row LOSES.
- Can be played on a 5X5 board up to a maximum of 4 players.
- All other rules are just the same- you can LOSE with a 3 in any direction- vertical, horizontal or diagonal.
We tried it out ourselves and with test subjects of various ages (from 5-21) and they all found it an engrossing pastime (although one does get desperate if he/she keeps losing).
Advantages over all other such pastimes:
- Very little writing to be done on paper- so the lecturer won't know what you're doing (you can easily do while he ain't looking)
- Definite result every time and no undue advantage for the one who starts the game.
- Multi-Player Mode.
So enjoy folks!